If a reprex is desired: Contents of test.txt: # test \begin{align*} f(x) &= x \\ &= 2 \end{align*} Call to pandoc: pandoc test.txt --mathml -f commonmark_x -t html5 yields:

test

\begin{align*} f(x) &= x \ &= 2 \end{align*}

Instead of the correct MathML that is rendered with -f markdown:

test

f(x)=x=2\begin{align*} f(x) &= x \\ &= 2 \end{align*}

On Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 3:53:24 PM UTC-8 Connor Patrick Jackson wrote: > I am attempting to use an align environment in a markdown file being > compiled to both HTML and LaTeX. Doing so works fine with the markdown > reader, but not with the commonmark_x reader, for either MathML or > MathJax (the commonmark_x reader just passes it through as unaltered > text). I *thought* that I had previously been able to use the commonmark_x > reader to handle align environments for equation aligning, but I could be > misremembering. > > Could someone confirm for me whether this is a feature that should be > working, but isn't (in which case I'll go file a bug report), or if this is > yet to be implemented in the commonmark_x reader? If the latter, is this > an extension that is yet to be implemented (latex_macros?), or just a > feature that needs to be ported over? > > Thanks! > > Connor > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/96046e7a-5618-4578-92c0-2de0fd02d416n%40googlegroups.com.