I'm using another application that outputs MultiMarkdown with a metadata block in the following format: Title: Blah blah blah Author: Doo de Doo Base Header Level: 1 Bibliography: Pubs.bib Lang: en-GB Converting this using pandoc -f markdown_mmd -t markdown --standalone we get a metadata block in the following format: --- author: | Doo de Doo baseheaderlevel: | 1 bibliography: | Pubs.bib lang: | en-GB title: | Blah blah blah --- Is there any way within pandoc to get rid of the vertical bar and newline in the metadata fields so that each metadata field is on a single line like in the input file? I know I can pipe the file to something like perl (which has been my workaround) but was wondering if there is a way to do it only with pandoc? (The vertical bar, or whatever it corresponds to in pandoc's AST, causes trouble in epub output by inserting an unwanted p element within title and author elements in the title page.) -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/9728d1f4-040e-4392-aa04-148f648a8dfdn%40googlegroups.com.