Since you are converting to pdf, you could use some inline LaTeX. Try the simple \rule command as shown here or load a package for more fancy lines, such as xhfill or TikZ - I am sure there are several others. On Sunday, 12 September 2021 at 21:39:50 UTC+3 jjschweige...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org wrote: > Hello, I tried searching the archives, however, was not able to find any > questions on this. If you know of a post where this question was asked > before I would appreciate if you could share the link so I can review it. > > > > Basically my issue is this, I have some inline HTML in my markdown file > that creates a line, however, when doing a standard conversion with pandoc > from md to pdf these lines are not generated. > > I also tried to convert the md file to an intermediary HTML file then to > PDF, however, this messed up some formatting. > > > > Example MD file: > > ### Contents > > >