* auto_identifiers in asciidoc output
@ 2023-05-14 11:40 ThomasH
       [not found] ` <864059a2-0536-4fd5-9599-cb15e6947eafn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: ThomasH @ 2023-05-14 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

 I have a strange phenomenon:

I'm translating from html to asciidoc, and would like to have
auto_identifiers with headers in the output.

The html reader seems to enable auto_identifiers by default, as I can see
those when I choose native as the output format (and don't assume 'native'
will add them by itself).

In the asciidoc output though, the identifiers are only retained when I
have an image as part of the header. I tried several alternative headers,
and the identifiers only show in the output when the header contains an
image.

Luckily, I can force consistent auto identifiers for all headings when
using `-t asciidoc-auto_identifiers` on the command line (but mind the
`-auto_...` instead of `+auto_...` to enable it!). But without that, why
would the asciidoc writer automatically output the auto identifiers only
for headers with an image? Is there some kind of complexity metrics
involved?

Thanks, T.

* Re: auto_identifiers in asciidoc output
       [not found] ` <864059a2-0536-4fd5-9599-cb15e6947eafn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-15 17:47   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-05-15 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Most likely it's hiding the identifiers in cases where asciidoc would generate the same identifier automatically itself.