* how to install citeproc-endnote
@ 2023-06-15 23:27 John Burt
       [not found] ` <82c61114-e48c-4746-9ddc-d3c6b740ae27n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: John Burt @ 2023-06-15 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am interested in converting LaTeX endnotes made using the endnote package
by invoking citeproc-endnote in pandoc. When I invoke pandoc it replies
that citeproc-endnote does not exist. I have downloaded and unzipped the
citeproc-endnote package from github, but I don't know how to install it.

Here is my command line:

pandoc -s zuckertreview2023.tex --citeproc --biblatex
--csl=chicago-author-date --bibliography=zuckertreview.bib citeproc-endnote
-o zuckertreview2023.docx

Thanks for any help you may offer!

John Burt

* AW: how to install citeproc-endnote
       [not found] ` <82c61114-e48c-4746-9ddc-d3c6b740ae27n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-06-16  7:04   ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]     ` <9b65bcab7a6e4ffd82ccb2457aeebec0-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2023-06-16  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi John
I’m not sure citeproc-endnote is what you want. Are you referring to https://github.com/kaizhang/citeproc-endnote?

If so, the description says: Pandoc filter which converts LaTeX to Docx with EndNote traveling library.
So, this has nothing to do with the endnotes package, but with the reference manager called EndNote, https://endnote.com/

You would then have to call it like described on the project’s github page:
pandoc -f latex -t docx input.tex -o output.docx -F citeproc-endnote

As this is a Haskell filter, you’ll probably want to build and install the filter first. But I doubt the filter will work with recentish versions of pandoc.

Also, note that your command line looks a bit odd:
--citeproc and --biblatex are mutally exclusive.
--biblatex only makes sense if your target is a latex file.

Best,
Denis

I am interested in converting LaTeX endnotes made using the endnote package by invoking citeproc-endnote in pandoc. When I invoke pandoc it replies that citeproc-endnote does not exist. I have downloaded and unzipped the citeproc-endnote package from github, but I don't know how to install it.

Here is my command line:

pandoc -s zuckertreview2023.tex --citeproc --biblatex --csl=chicago-author-date --bibliography=zuckertreview.bib citeproc-endnote -o zuckertreview2023.docx

Thanks for any help you may offer!

John Burt

* Re: how to install citeproc-endnote
       [not found]     ` <9b65bcab7a6e4ffd82ccb2457aeebec0-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>