Ok, I understand. The reason for my question was that there are still some cases where pandoc-citeproc does not sticks to csl-rules (e.g. https://github.com/jgm/pandoc-citeproc/issues/79). And I thought it might be easier to use citeproc-js, which should be fully csl-compliant. But, if I understand your answer correctly, this will only lead to other problems. Am Samstag, 28. Oktober 2017 00:22:50 UTC+2 schrieb John MacFarlane: > > Several reasons: > > 1. citeproc-js would be an external dependency that users would > have to install. pandoc-citeproc is a Haskell library we > can just compile in. > > 2. pandoc would have to shell out to call citeproc-js > (which, earlier, didn't even have a way to call it as a > standalone program) > > 3. pandoc-citeproc works with native pandoc types. > With citeproc-js, we'd have to convert to citeproc JSON, > and then convert back. > > 4. pandoc-citeproc handles math better (because it was > designed to work with pandoc's math support). > > > +++ Denis Maier [Oct 27 17 06:55 ]: > > I was wondering why pandoc does not use citeproc-js but its own > > pandoc-citeproc. As far I understand citeproc-js is the canonical > > csl-implementation, and, as such, fully compliant with the > > csl-specification. > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/9bc33c56-9656-40f8-9bbf-4d01a2b43aae%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.