I have a large (900 page) LaTeX document (broken up into several LaTeX files) that I want to convert into restructured text. I've already tried to use pandoc to convert some of the files and it has failed for a few reasons. I'm a new pandoc user, but I figure I'm going to have to write my own converter. Before I do, I wanted to ask this forum what the right way to approach the conversion. I was planning on reading everything into Python, do my own search/replace and then pass the result on to pandoc. I would then rinse/repeat until I have everything the way I want it. I know there are filters and such that I can write to customize things, but (as a beginner) I'm not sure if it would be easier to learn pandoc syntax and write my own filter, or just go at it in Python as I described above. I don't mind doing it either way; I think it might be a fun side project to do when I'm procrastinating doing what I really should be doing. Please advise on what is the right approach. I'm sure there are other approaches too that I'm not aware of. I'm open for suggestions. Thanks, Jeremy -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/9c40cd2c-9874-446b-8772-c8a99e377acan%40googlegroups.com.