* Can pandoc be prevented from renumbering ordered lists?
@ 2023-02-01 19:47 Norman Ramsey
From: Norman Ramsey @ 2023-02-01 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

At the moment I'm sending feedback to students with numbering like the
following:

```markdown
3. I'm not sure this is an issue with literals, as our VM doesn't support
pointers or dereferencing in any obvious way.  But I grant you the point.

4. This answer says both that `loadfun` would have to change and that "the
loader shouldn't have to change.  These statements aren't internally
consistent (only one can be true).  As for functions returning, no change
is needed to `VMFunction`.  All that's needed is a `Return` instruction.

5. Nice thinking about cache effects.

<!--comment-->

7. Good thinking.  Later on we'll see that it is sufficient to be sure that
every execution path in a function ends with a `Return` instruction.

8. I didn't make the Booleans static because I wanted a `mkBooleanValue`
with a dynamic argument.  Adding static values has no payoff.  (A `Value`
fits in two hardware registers.)

<!--comment-->

10. Nice work.
```

If I ever forget to include `<!--comment-->`, the feedback goes to the
student with the wrong number.

I know that the Markdown specification says that items in ordered lists
will be renumbered.  But is there a way to tell pandoc not to do that?