* Lua filter reading data from metadata or defaults file
@ 2020-09-25  9:36 krulis....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found] ` <8a242488-066f-4c2a-aa0a-992788fa9e93n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: krulis....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2020-09-25  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I would like to ask, whether it is possible for a lua filter to read data
from metadata block (or metadata file) or from defaults file? I looked
around website documentation, also into `lua filter repository`, but found
no filter accessing metadata values in `defaults file` fields.
I am working on a custom lua filter, for which I want to specify a metadata
field, which would point to external file with required definitions, very
similar to python filter `pandoc-mustache` github source here :
<https://github.com/michaelstepner/pandoc-mustache/blob/master/pandoc_mustache/pandoc_mustache.py>

`defaults.yaml`:

```

mustache:
- ./src/varDefinitions.yaml

```

*Motivation:* Plans for this filter are to provide functionalities of LaTeX
`glossaries` package to `pandoc`. There are already some filters, which
take theyre own approach to the issue, but none of them gives full acronym
support specific to given format.
Long-term plans would be to also provide support for term definitions in
`glossaries`-like style.

Thanks for any guidance in this issue.
Regards, Tomas