* References not appearing in output file.
@ 2023-06-06 20:53 Dan Parvaz
       [not found] ` <fb774b5a-2945-4396-b91c-825246bb27f1n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Dan Parvaz @ 2023-06-06 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I know I must be missing something elementary -- but none of the guides
I've looked at have said this was a possibility. Here's a very short piece:

% Lorem

# Nunc convallis, massa eu

Eu, luctus quis, risus. Suspendisse [@stokoe_sign_1960] faucibus orci et
nunc. Nullam vehicular fermentum risus. Fusce felis nibh, dignissim
vulputate, ultrices quis, lobortis et, arcu. Duis aliquam libero non diam.

Vestibulum placerat tincidunt tortor. Ut vehicula ligula quis lectus. In
eget velit. Quisque vel risus. Mauris pede. Nullam ornare sapien sit amet
nisl.
Cras.

# References

And the equally short .bib file:

@article{stokoe_sign_1960,
    title = {Sign {Language} {Structure}: {An} {Outline} of the {Visual}
{Communication} {Systems} of the {American} {Deaf}},
    number = {8},
    journal = {Studies in Linguistics},
    series = {Occasional Papers},
    author = {Stokoe, William C., Jr.},
    year = {1960},
}

But running the following line...

pandoc phon2.md --bibliography cites2.bib -s -o phon.rtf
... does not insert the citation, nor does it include it in the references.
I was given to believe it was just that simple. Was I simple for believing
that?

Many thanks in advance,

-Dan.

* Re: References not appearing in output file.
       [not found] ` <fb774b5a-2945-4396-b91c-825246bb27f1n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-06-06 20:57   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-06-06 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Try adding --citeproc

@ 2023-06-06 20:58   ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2023-06-06 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You don't tell pandoc to use citeproc in your command (-C)!

@ 2023-06-06 21:12     ` Dan Parvaz
From: Dan Parvaz @ 2023-06-06 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss