Good point. I would add that this feature probably is only going to be used with shorter, friendlier URLs that may not suffer from a non-monospaced font. However, it may likely include shortened ones that could require such a font. As an alternative, aren't the serif fonts generally much better than the sans serif ones? Ryan On Nov 12, 2012, at 6:06 AM, Jeff Russell wrote: > One point to consider is that monospace fonts usually are designed to visually distinguish, for example, 0 and O, or 1 and l, which is important if you are trying to use an address from a printed document. > > Jeff > > On Sunday, November 11, 2012 11:16:10 PM UTC, John Gabriele wrote: >> >> On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM, John MacFarlane wrote: >> > Pandoc puts link addresses and emails in "code" tags. >> > I think I may change that. Do people have strong feelings >> > either way? >> >> I think they look better as regular text (not monospace). Also, long >> urls take up less room when rendered as regular text. >> >> ---John > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pandoc-discuss/-/A8ipzggQPIwJ. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.