* Markdown to PDF Bibliography Tweaking Tufte-Handout
@ 2023-06-13 16:20 Chris Blake-Turner
       [not found] ` <5d480421-9668-46cf-82c8-3d671dabd9e2n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Chris Blake-Turner @ 2023-06-13 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

(Apologies if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it with some
searching.)

I'm using pandoc to convert Markdown to PDF. I'm using --citeproc and a
YAML metadata block that specifies the bibliography, with a final "#
References". Everything comes out nicely.

The trick is that I'm using the tufte-handout class for LaTeX and would
like the make the Bibliography fullwidth. So I'd like something like:

\begin{fullwidth}
# References
\end{fullwidth}

Since "#" is special in LaTeX, that gets me a "You can't use `macro
parameter character #' in vertical mode" error message.

So the next thing I tried is escaping the hash:

\begin{fullwidth}
\# References
\end{fullwidth}

But then that prints "# References".

I'm sure the fix is simple with some YAML etc. know-how that I lack, so
thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Chris

* Re: Markdown to PDF Bibliography Tweaking Tufte-Handout
       [not found] ` <5d480421-9668-46cf-82c8-3d671dabd9e2n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-06-14  1:16   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <D2A01A50-396B-4916-8807-81FEAAE84117-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-06-14  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Use raw attribute:

```{=latex}
\begin{fullwidth}
```

# References

```{=latex}
\end{fullwidth}
```

@ 2023-06-14 11:31       ` chrisblaketurner-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
From: chrisblaketurner-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w @ 2023-06-14 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thank you!

@ 2023-06-20 15:06       ` Chris Blake-Turner
       [not found]         ` <C7C74FF6-88B4-4D13-AEEF-7BC25E44CAC7-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Chris Blake-Turner @ 2023-06-20 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Update: I replied before I’d had a chance to check this (I was in the middle of a move, but wanted to show my appreciate for your getting back to me!).

raw attribute seems not to be doing the trick. Any other suggestions, or should I provide a MWE?

Thanks,

CBT

@ 2023-06-20 15:20           ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2023-06-20 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Where do the raw LaTeX blocks end up in the TeX file? You should export to LaTeX (not directly to PDF) to see what output John's chunk produces. At least, it would help you identify the problem.

@ 2023-06-21 20:06             ` Chris Blake-Turner
       [not found]               ` <A196B74F-79D9-48A4-A368-525F0FF7CF2B-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Chris Blake-Turner @ 2023-06-21 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks, Bastien, that was a good call. The raw attributes were just enclosing the title of the bibliography, and not any of the bibliographic data, so it was an easy fix in the .tex file.

@ 2023-06-21 20:19                 ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2023-06-21 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You're welcome! The following should solve the problem permanently:

```{=latex}
\begin{fullwidth}
```

# References