* How to handle conversations/dialogues in a novel in Markdown?
@ 2015-07-29 17:31 Honza Pokorny
       [not found] ` <3f69a011-dc84-4dbc-9a83-44705035c256-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Honza Pokorny @ 2015-07-29 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The title says it all. I'd like to be able to write conversations in
markdown and have them rendered nicely in html, pdf and epub. I'm not
really sure how one would go about that.

* Re: How to handle conversations/dialogues in a novel in Markdown?
       [not found] ` <3f69a011-dc84-4dbc-9a83-44705035c256-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-07-29 18:07   ` Daniel Staal
From: Daniel Staal @ 2015-07-29 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

--As of July 29, 2015 10:31:37 AM -0700, Honza Pokorny is alleged to have
said:

> The title says it all. I'd like to be able to write conversations in
> markdown and have them rendered nicely in html, pdf and epub. I'm not
> really sure how one would go about that.

--As for the rest, it is mine.

What's wrong with the standard rendering from just quoting each person's
words?  (And you can also look at the `--smart` and `--html-q-tags`
options, if you want something a bit more.)

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.

@ 2015-07-29 19:10   ` Pablo Rodríguez
       [not found]     ` <55B9253E.3010508-S0/GAf8tV78@public.gmane.org>
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2015-07-29 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 07/29/2015 07:31 PM, Honza Pokorny wrote:
> The title says it all. I'd like to be able to write conversations in
> markdown and have them rendered nicely in html, pdf and epub. I'm not
> really sure how one would go about that.

Hi Honza,

could you provide a minimal sample text?

So, it may be possible to show you the required markup.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

@ 2017-02-25 22:43       ` Daniel Danilenko
       [not found]         ` <2afb7ffe-1c49-4c54-9bc2-d335dfc9ed13-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Daniel Danilenko @ 2017-02-25 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

> > could you provide a minimal sample text?
>
> So, it may be possible to show you the required markup.

I have the same question!
  The problem is that my lines are rendered as list items. Like this:

 - Helo Lisa!

@ 2017-02-26  7:46           ` Andrew Dunning
       [not found]             ` <13619ddb-165f-4d86-baa7-8ad28d9b4433-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Andrew Dunning @ 2017-02-26  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

In that situation, it would be more correct to use an em dash, which you can either get with three hyphens (---) or type directly (—). If you really want the hyphen, it can be escaped with a backslash (\-).

@ 2017-02-27 11:27               ` Daniel Danilenko
From: Daniel Danilenko @ 2017-02-27 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

> In that situation, it would be more correct to use an em dash, which you can
> either get with three hyphens (---) or type directly (—).

Oh! Thanks! `-- Helo Lisa` works well for me!

> If you really want the hyphen, it can be escaped with a backslash (\-).

No, I don't