I am converting from a simple Unix text file. What you are suggesting seems exactly what I need. I searched the docs for code block. And I think if I just put ~~~ at the top and end of the file, I should be good. Please let me know if there is a better way to do this. Thanks! On Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 12:53 PM John MacFarlane wrote: > > What format are you converting from? > Simplest thing would be to put the whole thing in a code > block (except the signature); then it will all be monospace in Word. > > Chris Corbett writes: > > > I'm a pandoc newbie and I've searched the group, but haven't found out > how > > to do what I want to do. > > > > I have a business application that is producing text file reports that > are > > sent to the printer using enscript which basically is sending it using a > > single non-proportional font. The code producing the report ensures > that > > everything has the correct alignment up by having the right amount of > > spaces between each column. > > > > I have a requirement to convert this report to a docx file because we > want > > to have the ability to draw a signature on it. So I'm using pandoc to > do > > that conversion. But when I do that, I end up with a document with > > multiple styles and its messing up all of the alignment. > > > > I've just spent the last couple of hours manipulating all of the styles > > setup within my document. But I'm not getting very far, very fast. Is > > there a way that I can add a tag to my input file to force pandoc to use > a > > single style for everything? I'm not sure what is polite on this group, > so > > I'm not attaching anything. But I would be happy to do so if it would > help > > anyone help me. > > > > Thanks! > > > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/bc70a725-5c2b-4ef5-aec9-ba9da8d56fcb%40googlegroups.com > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CA%2BGPurP2R-9z3qM%3DtpcFw5zmmhEYB7NKr%2BjP6X3PVZLeSXEUUA%40mail.gmail.com.