* Prelude.!!: negative index creating reStructuredText
@ 2017-08-02  2:04 Greg Bullock
       [not found] ` <9058a629-b18e-432e-88dc-c969b958cc5f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Greg Bullock @ 2017-08-02  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm just trying out pandoc for the first time.  The idea really appeals.

Using

pandoc 1.19.2.1
Compiled with pandoc-types 1.17.0.4, texmath 0.9, skylighting 0.1.1.4

to convert my docx file to rst gives the subject error message:

C:\Users\Greg\Documents\Codes>pandoc --from=docx --to=rst --output=gug.rst
gug.docx
pandoc: Prelude.!!: negative index

Converting the same docx file to another format (e.g., odt or html) works
without complaint.

What might be happening?  How can I work around this?

@ 2017-08-03 22:26   ` Kolen Cheung
       [not found]     ` <0c2c65b3-8c13-4ba0-9052-e443e2d7a971-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Kolen Cheung @ 2017-08-03 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

If you don't post the original docx, how could we know?

* Re: Prelude.!!: negative index creating reStructuredText
       [not found]     ` <0c2c65b3-8c13-4ba0-9052-e443e2d7a971-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-08-04  0:02       ` Greg Bullock
       [not found]         ` <bc2bdb96-dd7f-4b1d-b8a6-793b077640b9-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Greg Bullock @ 2017-08-04  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

There's now an issue to track this at
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/3830
That issue includes a docx file to demonstrate the problem, and it
references the original message I posted about this (separate from this
topic).

Sorry for the double posting.  I tried to delete the original message &
this topic shortly after posting this new, separate topic with additional
information, but it seems that didn't take effect, or didn't take effect in
time.

@ 2017-08-04  1:06           ` Kolen Cheung
       [not found]             ` <030abd7a-f742-474f-a643-cf55bb2d1b8e-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Kolen Cheung @ 2017-08-04  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I realized this after I posted my question. This is another reason I dislike Google Groups: this thread and the replied thread is splited into 2.

Anyway, next time remember to include a MWE with recipe to recreate the disaster.

@ 2017-08-04  2:11               ` Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
From: Ivan Lazar Miljenovic @ 2017-08-04  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 4 August 2017 at 11:06, Kolen Cheung <christian.kolen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I realized this after I posted my question. This is another reason I dislike Google Groups: this thread and the replied thread is splited into 2.

I think it was more that the initial email was sent twice, as I saw
two threads from the beginning.

> Anyway, next time remember to include a MWE with recipe to recreate the disaster.
>
> --

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com