Hi JM, Thanks for your attempt! Unfortunately I really don't know how to decide the Pandoc's official logo. But anyway I will try to make a poll for the prototypes in Google Forms. Yuki F 2018年11月8日(木) 11:19 JM Marcastel : > Accidentally bumped into this thread, and wanted to give it a try. > > The general trend is for a \TeX-like logo with symbols ∀Δ. > > So here is a first attempt: > > - Based on Didot font (for those who like typography) > - Reflections, rotations and kerning applied to symbols > - If too _obscure_ this can be further stylised > - No colour code for now (colours are arbitrary here) > > This means that we can produce Latex/CSS code to dynamically produce the > logo. > > Presented below upright. The thick lines represent the transformation > process (the interface). > > If rotated 90 degrees clockwise, the pan symbol can represent an eye. > > It rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise, the pan symbols can represent a > scanner, a leaf (symbolising a piece of paper),... > > Further styling can be done by blending the two symbols in a _flow of > documents_. I'll sketch that if of any interest. > > [image: pandoc-logo-trial.png] > > I also attache the SVG and Adobe Illustrator files. > > > > > > > > On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 1:58:58 PM UTC+1, John MacFarlane wrote: >> >> +++ Joost Kremers [Dec 08 16 13:31 ]: >> > >> >On Thu, Dec 08 2016, Kolen Cheung wrote: >> >>Over there I draft a design of pandoc logo by playing on the >> >>symmetry between P and d. One expression of that idea is an axe >> >>looks like P and the same thing rotated looks like d. The reason an >> >>axe is used is because this kind of echo pandoc being like a Swiss >> >>army knife, where an axe is like that on steroid. A proper design of >> >>that axe should resemble the letter P and d better. >> > >> >FWIW, I don't associate an axe with "Swiss army knife on steroids". A >> >Swiss army knife gets its reputation because instead of being just a >> >knife, it has a lot of different tools for different jobs. An axe is, >> >well, just an axe, and sophistication is not what comes to mind when I >> >think about its cutting power. >> > >> >That plus the fact that I think it'll be difficult if not impossible >> >to make an axe look like a p or d means that I would suggest not to >> >pursue the idea of using axes. I do very much like the idea of >> >integrating a p and a d into the logo, and sadly have no better ideas >> >to offer. :-( >> >> I once thought about using the two letter combination >> >> ∀Δ >> >> ∀ for pan (all) >> Δ for doc >> >> A good graphic designer might be able to combine these >> shapes in a pleasing way. But, maybe too obscure. >> >> -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the > Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this topic, visit > https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pandoc-discuss/1bKIuyBnWaQ/unsubscribe. > To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to > pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/bfa26148-1361-4163-9bfa-bec61a672509%40googlegroups.com > > . > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- 藤原 由来 (Yuki Fujiwara) sky.y.0079-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAA4xQM%3DVJ387efX_6%2BAKXkNAi1uH6Dmm0KFaEARRiH4v6ZFHhw%40mail.gmail.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.