* reveal.js slides not rendering math anymore
@ 2020-08-09 23:02 Louis Smith
       [not found] ` <5afb4647-ecd1-4b42-a05b-8b2fc44321f2o-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Louis Smith @ 2020-08-09 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello,

I'm having some real trouble with a workflow I'd been using to make
reveal.js presentations with pandoc. For some reason all my computers have
stopped being able to render math when I open the produced HTML in a
browser. They also don't seem to be able to render any aspect of reveal
(the page isn't styled at all, it's just raw text on one long white webpage
with no slides) when I'm not pointing them at the reveal.js directory I
have put on my machine locally.

I'm happy to provide more info, but I'm not sure what someone might need.

Right now, if I run

pandoc -s -t revealjs -V revealjs-url=./reveal.js --mathjax demo.md -o
demo.html

or

pandoc -s -t revealjs --mathjax demo.md -o demo.html

if I then open demo.html, I get a white webpage with unstyled text. This
used to work, so I'm pretty confused.

Like I said, happy to provide more info as needed. Thanks.

* Re: reveal.js slides not rendering math anymore
       [not found] ` <5afb4647-ecd1-4b42-a05b-8b2fc44321f2o-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-08-10 13:38   ` Louis Smith
       [not found]     ` <960da69a-70f2-48d1-8899-95b616a7b87co-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Louis Smith @ 2020-08-10 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I wasn't able to diagnose the issue, but I did find that I could fix the
issue on one of my ubuntu machines by rolling back to version 3.9.2 of
reveal. I found that my pandoc versions were different across the two 20.04
machines (no idea why yet, but the one with 2.5 is Kubuntu, so maybe
there's some affiliate package that's retarding the version?), and that the
one that worked had a more recent version; 2.7.2. 2.5, for whatever reason,
was still not working even with the rolled back reveal.

Also, when I used conda to install a newer version of pandoc, 2.10 (for use
with the computer that has pandoc 2.5 as a system utility installed with
apt), it doesn't work with the old version of reveal, but it does work with
the newest version of reveal (4.0.2). I know that this is a fairly
haphazard recounting of version incompatibilities, but it would be nice if
these were known breaking changes to record them somewhere. Building a
presentation you want to update for the first time in a few months and
discovering that your build commands no longer work is not really a nice
way to find this out...

Anyway if someone else starts having issues with their reveal
presentations, hopefully this will serve as a hint for how to try to fix
them. Has anyone noticed that using the web url for reveal (IIRC
https://revealjs.com) no longer works, and a local install of reveal is now
necessary?

@ 2020-08-10 18:40       ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]         ` <m2tuxaibtq.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-08-10 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Smith, pandoc-discuss

As noted in the release announcement for 2.10:

  * We now target version 4.x of reveal.js.  File locations have
    changed, so if you are using pandoc-produced reveal.js files
    with a local copy of reveal.js, you will need to upgrade.

It is a good idea to read these release announcements!

@ 2020-08-12 16:34           ` Louis Smith
From: Louis Smith @ 2020-08-12 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John MacFarlane; +Cc: pandoc-discuss