* I can't find default reference.docx in my system
@ 2020-09-05 20:31 Alan
       [not found] ` <0781f908-8993-406d-b8b0-3e235aa6c9adn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Alan @ 2020-09-05 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Sorry for n00b question. I can't find default reference.docx in my system
(Win 10)
Or, I don't understand manual
<https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#option--reference-doc>:

* To produce a custom reference.docx, first get a copy of the default
reference.docx: pandoc -o custom-reference.docx --print-default-data-file
reference.docx. *

* Re: I can't find default reference.docx in my system
       [not found] ` <0781f908-8993-406d-b8b0-3e235aa6c9adn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-09-06  8:35   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]     ` <87eenfz4iv.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2020-09-06  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi Alan,

Alan writes:

> I can't find default reference.docx in my system (Win 10) Or, I
> don't understand manual
> <https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#option--reference-doc>:
>
> * To produce a custom reference.docx, first get a copy of the default
> reference.docx: pandoc -o custom-reference.docx --print-default-data-file
> reference.docx. *

On many (most?) installations, pandoc's data files are not shipped
as separate entities. Instead, they are baked into the main
`pandoc` executable. The command mentioned in the manual extracts
the reference.docx from the pandoc executable and writes it into a
file (the argument to `-o`, in this case `custom-reference.docx`).

Does that help to clear things up a little?

--
Albert Krewinkel

@ 2020-09-06 10:46       ` Alan Ford
From: Alan Ford @ 2020-09-06 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)