From: Stuart Thiessen <thiessenstuart-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: SBL BibLit Font in Pandoc export
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 15:56:55 -0600	[thread overview]

After looking around more, I found that adding the following YAML to my
markdown file seems to make the Hebrew and Greek appear when I do a
Latex/Xetex --> PDF export with Pandoc. However, I can only get Everson
Mono or Lucida Sans Unicode to format the Hebrew appropriately. So far,
other fonts that have the Greek and Hebrew fonts (e.g., Calibri, Times New
Roman, etc.) do not format the Hebrew correctly. The vowel points are off.
However ... if I use the Pandoc to docx converter, it formats just fine. I
am suspecting it has something to do with the Latex / Xetex exporting. Do I
need something else in my YAML to handle the Hebrew better? The text of my
document is usually a mix of English, Hebrew, and Greek.

My YAML looks like this:

---
title: Notes on ______________
author: Stuart Thiessen