I'm having some luck with a custom template, although still some trouble with the ATX style headers. I'll try the two-step process you suggested. Does the --atx-headers option work for converting from markdown or is that only for converting to markdown? On Mon Jan 26 2015 at 9:40:32 AM wrote: > On Monday, January 26, 2015 09:06 AM, Dylan Kinnett wrote: > > That example was useful, thank you. > > > > When I use the following, Pandoc is able to create a PDF using the > > default document class: > > | > > pandoc --standalone --smart sample.md -o manuscript.pdf > > | > > > > Next, I attempted to add the variable to indicate the document class: > > | > > pandoc --standalone --smart --variable documentclass=sffms sample.md -o > > manuscript.pdf > > | > > > > but that resulted in the following error: > > | > > ! Paragraph ended before \UL@on was complete. > > > > \par > > l.56 > > | > > > > I saw some suggestions that this error can result from having improper > > line endings in the original file, but I checked that and my file has > > the correct line endings. > > This seems to be a latex error. Maybe it's easier to see what happens if > you take a 2-step approach - markdown to latex and then latex to pdf. > You then have the latex source to look at. > > And maybe you need a custom template as well. It's mentioned in the README. > > Regards, > ST > -- > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the > Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/ > topic/pandoc-discuss/KANMbmccg80/unsubscribe. > To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to > pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/ > msgid/pandoc-discuss/54C651D2.2080302%40gmail.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAByu3gFAqFSTL1dniZVPfxRTZGY43Dn6sNqsQsLzayvGMUGb2Q%40mail.gmail.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.