Great, thanks for the insight everybody, especially John's confirmation seals the deal. In response to "there's actually lots of info about this", I apologize that Google's search engine was not strong enough to find me this information. I also apologize that I did not invent Google and add semantic search to it. I promise I have tried hard to search for this information before bothering anybody, and I very much appreciate the explicit clarification. Regards, *Jeffrey Wang* jeffwang16-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 3:25 PM christi...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org < christian.kolen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote: > There’s actually lots of info about this. Pandoc is not even idempotent, > let alone bijective. > > So no, you cannot depend on this especially if you want to convert it back > and forth a lot of times. > > On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 3:23:12 PM UTC-7 Jeffrey Wang wrote: > >> I was not able to find any concrete information establishing the answer >> to this question. I ask this to see how much I can depend on using Pandoc >> for an application that would convert back and forth between two formats, >> one for storage/authoritative purposes and the other for rendering/display >> purposes. Thanks! > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the > Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this topic, visit > https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pandoc-discuss/NFwWouErsf8/unsubscribe. > To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to > pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/0b756db2-f247-49b1-a7dd-e0242e79d956n%40googlegroups.com > > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CACZurRei78h_5EG4vSUdhS%2BGFaF-gUVnCB%3DeVXh98f6ULpCuXA%40mail.gmail.com.