Hi, I've searched the archive for this, but wasn't able to find it. I'm using pandoc 2.7.3 under Mac OS X to convert docs from Markdown to Asciidoc. Some of these may later be converted to HTML and/or PDF. The issue is that when converting inline code, pandoc surrounds the text with back-ticks AND plus signs, but both are not required by asciidoc, only one or the other. So the question is: how do I get the plus signs to go away? Here's a trivial example: echo 'Normal text `this is code`' |pandoc - -o- -f markdown -t asciidoc Normal text `+this is code+` If this output is then converted to HTML, the plus signs are rendered as if they had been part of the original text: echo 'Normal text `this is code`' |pandoc - -o- -f markdown -t asciidoc |asciidoc -o- -b xhtml11 -

Normal text +this is code+

(I've omitted some of the HTML output for clarity.) Thanks in advance for any help. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CACu41f-KRNwFta3a%3DiiOvG8-RH7LUSWdKT4k5P-BTR7M%2Bks8hw%40mail.gmail.com.