What would such a table/list achieve which is not already available, more reliably since it is always up to date, with --list-extensions=FORMAT ? I guess one could write a script which takes a list of formats as input, calls --list-extensions=FORMAT for each of them and assembles a pipe table from the results. Providing such a script would arguably be more useful than providing a static table which becomes out of date. Den ons 21 juli 2021 19:42Connor Patrick Jackson skrev: > re: not allowed by spec: Oh okay. I guess that only really makes sense for > the handful of extensions that are allowed by commonmark but not by > markdown, but that isn't really all that useful information. Are there any > markdown extensions that, for whatever reason, will *never* be > incorporated into commonmark, either within the spec or as an extension? > That might be useful to know as well but there might not be any in that > situation. > > Perhaps more useful would just be a list for each of the latter two > categories: > > Former markdown packages that are permanently incorporated into the > commonmark spec (this could be added to the manual rather than on the wiki, > since it is essentially fixed, and would be a useful reference?) > Markdown packages yet to be implemented in commonmark (this list belongs > on the wiki as it gradually shrinks) > > I would happily volunteer to give myself a periodic calendar reminder and > check in with pandoc --list-extensions and the release notes to see if > any new extensions have been implemented, and update the Wiki list > accordingly. If someone could put together the first list (I'm not super > read-up on the details of the commonmark spec) I can put together the > second. > > For convenience, the full list of markdown packages not available in > commonmark (union of the two lists) as of 2.14.0.3 (and I don't believe > 2.14.1 added any new commonmark extensions): > abbreviations > all_symbols_escapable > angle_brackets_escapable > auto_identifiers > backtick_code_blocks > blank_before_blockquote > blank_before_header > citations > compact_definition_lists > escaped_line_breaks > example_lists > fenced_code_attributes > fenced_code_blocks > four_space_rule > grid_tables > gutenberg > header_attributes > ignore_line_breaks > inline_code_attributes > inline_notes > intraword_underscores > latex_macros > line_blocks > link_attributes > lists_without_preceding_blankline > literate_haskell > markdown_attribute > markdown_in_html_blocks > mmd_header_identifiers > mmd_link_attributes > mmd_title_block > multiline_tables > native_divs > native_spans > old_dashes > pandoc_title_block > shortcut_reference_links > simple_tables > space_in_atx_header > spaced_reference_links > startnum > table_captions > tex_math_double_backslash > tex_math_single_backslash > > On Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 10:17:45 AM UTC-7 John MacFarlane wrote: > >> Connor Patrick Jackson writes: >> >> > - Not allowed by the spec (cannot be enabled) >> >> This one doesn't really apply. Officially, the spec fully >> specifies behavior, so no extension is "allowed by the spec." >> >> But it might be useful to distinguish between: >> >> > - required by the spec (cannot be disabled) >> > - Not available (under development) >> >> If you have specific questions regarding this, I'd be >> happy to answer. A table may be useful, but of course >> there's the danger that it will become out of date and >> thus misleading. >> >> -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/ec4a5de6-77a4-4a48-86cc-e3d2610f5257n%40googlegroups.com > > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhA3VdyosoGi%2BC_AjgK2hZLM%2B56ju8sHvd9yzMYqb%3D40QQ%40mail.gmail.com.