@ 2022-02-16 23:22 jlr...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found] ` <fa6728c9-d218-486d-bb1b-6fa64aa58befn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: jlr...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2022-02-16 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello!

I was trying to avoid setting the same metadata on different files, and I
read in the manual that yaml metadata are interpreted as markdown if loaded
with `--metadata-file`, so that would not fly. So I tried to put them my
customizations in different files for each backend (roughly, TeX and ms, to
generate PDFs) and load them on the command line as follows

$ pandoc -B 2c.ms -H wideltr.ms -H es.ms --eol=lf -st ms filename.docx |
groff -e -t -ms -Dutf8 | awk '{print > "filename.ps"}'

This works if *.ms are in the same working directory, but not if I put them
in the data-dir built-in into pandoc's executable. Where should I put them
so that I don't have to multiply copies in every working directory? I tried
the base directory, and the templates subdirectory, of pandoc's data-dir,
where I have my default.ms template. I'm working on Win10, both personal
and professional.

Cheers!

* Re: loading files from data-dir paths
       [not found] ` <fa6728c9-d218-486d-bb1b-6fa64aa58befn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-04-30  0:48   ` jlr...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]     ` <0c7cd331-4b3a-4569-9dc8-d0da10da0cbcn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: jlr...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2022-04-30  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello!

Excuse me for my insistence, but even in version 1.18 I cannot figure out
how to make a custom repository of configuration files for groff ms or lua
filters instead of copying and/or moving them around each working
directory. Any solution?

Thanks in advance,

@ 2022-04-30  7:47       ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-04-30  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You can use your local data directory for that: you will find some explanations in the manual under --data-dir. You can create subdirectories in it (e.g. "filters", "templates").

@ 2022-04-30  7:49       ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-04-30  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Did you try to look at the output `pandoc --version` to know where your data directory is?

@ 2022-04-30 13:15         ` BPJ
From: BPJ @ 2022-04-30 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss