* Announcing Pandocker 20.02: the palindrome edition !
@ 2020-02-05 10:05 damien clochard
       [not found] ` <a1632ba9-d241-465b-a825-7862cdb26787-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: damien clochard @ 2020-02-05 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Paris, February 5th, 2020

What is this ?

Pandocker is a docker image containing a complete document production
toolchain
based on `pandoc` with filters, templates, fonts, and the latex bazaar

It allows you to generate slides and documents without installing the
required
depencies on your machine.

For instance to generate an EPUB file from a markdown source, you can simply
type:

```
docker run --rm -v `pwd`:/pandoc dalibo/pandocker test.md -o test.epub
```

This image is available under BSD Licence and it has 2 main tags:

* `dalibo/pandocker:stable` should be used in production ( = 20.20 )
* `dalibo/pandocker:latest` is the development version

You can also retrieve older versions by their version number:
`dalibo/pandocker:20.02`, `dalibo/pandocker:19.11`, etc.

For more details :

* Github : <https://github.com/dalibo/pandocker>
* Docker Hub : <https://hub.docker.com/r/dalibo/pandocker/>

More templates, more fonts, more filters, more langs

This is new version brings several new items:

* 2 more filters: [pandoc-crossref] and [pandoc-citeproc]
* 2 more templates: [leaflet] and [letter]
* 2 more fonts: Noto and Deja-Vu
* All european languages are now supported

[pandoc-crossref]: https://github.com/lierdakil/pandoc-crossref
[pandoc-citeproc]: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc-citeproc
[leaflet]: https://gitlab.com/daamien/pandoc-leaflet-template
[letter]:  https://github.com/aaronwolen/pandoc-letter

There's also some improvements on the existing tools:

* Pandoc has been updated to 2.9
* The [eisvogel] template has been upgraded to 1.4

Many thanks to @colindean and @DigitalTravelDuck for their contributions to
these
features !

Using pandocker with pipes

It is now possible to run the pandocker image as a 'black box' by passing
the
source file through a pipe and collecting the result on the standard output.

For example:

```
$ cat foo.md | docker run --rm -i dalibo/pandocker -t pdf > foo.pdf
```

This is useful if you want to use pandocker in a stream or when you don't
want
to mount a docker volume. However, this method will not work if the source
document contains images or includes external files...

How to upgrade

```
docker pull dalibo/pandocker:stable
```

If you installed the toolchain locally, please read:
<https://github.com/dalibo/pandocker/blob/master/UPGRADE.md#without-docker-local-setup>

How to contribute

Pandocker is an open project, contributions are welcome.

If you want to help, you can find a list of "Junior Jobs" here:

<https://github.com/dalibo/pandocker/labels/Junior%20Job>

* Re: Announcing Pandocker 20.02: the palindrome edition !
       [not found] ` <a1632ba9-d241-465b-a825-7862cdb26787-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-02-05 13:04   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhA9cdSraWN0aTzrVxpxVD+dBw5SfAE+QqeP3vh=K0qYcw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2020-02-05 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Is it possible to use/add more fonts as a user? Well obviously if you fork
and build yourself, but otherwise?

Also, does it include everything from TeXLive? If so it must be huge!

@ 2020-02-06  8:36       ` damien clochard
From: damien clochard @ 2020-02-06  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss