* Force use of attributes in jats writer
@ 2021-12-16 11:04 denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found] ` <b4b8786382dd497bb7bb231edcc5f93a-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-12-16 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi

Is there a way to < convince > pandoc to use an attribute on a div that is not in the list for boxed-text in the list of allowed attributes in the jats writer?
Background: I want to use some non-standard attributes and pick them up later during post-processing. (The intermediary jats file will not be valid, the final result will be.) I can add that stuff to one of the allowed attributes, but that will make post-processing with xslt more complex.

Best,
Denis

* AW: Force use of attributes in jats writer
       [not found] ` <b4b8786382dd497bb7bb231edcc5f93a-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-01-12  7:56   ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2022-01-12  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

That’s not really urgent, but I’d still like to bring this up again. Any ideas? If it isn’t possible (which I suppose), would that be an interesting addition?

Denis

Is there a way to « convince » pandoc to use an attribute on a div that is not in the list for boxed-text in the list of allowed attributes in the jats writer?
Background: I want to use some non-standard attributes and pick them up later during post-processing. (The intermediary jats file will not be valid, the final result will be.) I can add that stuff to one of the allowed attributes, but that will make post-processing with xslt more complex.

Best,
Denis

* Re: Force use of attributes in jats writer
       [not found] ` <b4b8786382dd497bb7bb231edcc5f93a-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-01-13  0:50   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480kfspsjw77.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-01-13  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I don't understand.  You want to create an invalid JATS document,
with an attribute that is not supported for that element?

@ 2022-01-13  5:37       ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]         ` <b68835526c9e4d45afb6d3d122b7da91-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2022-01-13  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Well, the invalid file will only be temporary.
Let's say I a div with content-type="parallel" for parallel texts. In some cases the one column or both will have righttoleft text, so I need for multiple attributes:

content-type="parallel-left-rtl"
content-type="parallel-right-rtl"
content-type="parallel-both-rtl"

But this will cause redundant rules in the xslt for post-processing:

I could do this:

content-type="parallel right-rtl"
content-type="parallel left-rtl"
content-type="parallel both-rtl"

Also not ideal (because processing such lists is ugly in XSLT). I thought about this:

content-type="parallel" right-dir="rtl"
content-type="parallel" left-dir="rtl"
content-type="parallel" left-dir="rtl" right-dir="rtl"

I would then pick this up via xslt and construct valid colgroups based on the values of right-dir and left-dir. But maybe there's an easier way?

Denis

@ 2022-01-13  9:24           ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-01-13  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I guess that it is can now be achieved using pandoc.write:

  * Create a new Pandoc object containing your Div;
  * Pass it to pandoc.write;
  * Modify the returned string;
  * Return it as the content of a RawBlock.

By the way, this could also solve the problem discuss here, but I would like to test it before closing the issue: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/7262

Le Thursday 13 January 2022 à 05:37:04AM, denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org a écrit :
> Well, the invalid file will only be temporary.
> Let's say I a div with content-type="parallel" for parallel texts. In some cases the one column or both will have righttoleft text, so I need for multiple attributes:
>
> content-type="parallel-left-rtl"
> content-type="parallel-right-rtl"
> content-type="parallel-both-rtl"
>
> But this will cause redundant rules in the xslt for post-processing:
>
> I could do this:
>
> content-type="parallel right-rtl"
> content-type="parallel left-rtl"
> content-type="parallel both-rtl"
>
> Also not ideal (because processing such lists is ugly in XSLT). I thought about this:
>

> content-type="parallel" right-dir="rtl"
> content-type="parallel" left-dir="rtl"
> content-type="parallel" left-dir="rtl" right-dir="rtl"
>
> I would then pick this up via xslt and construct valid colgroups based on the values of right-dir and left-dir. But maybe there's an easier way?
>
> Denis

* pandoc.write in Lua and simple tables in JSON (filters) (was: Force use of attributes in jats writer)
@ 2022-01-13 17:18             ` BPJ
       [not found]               ` <CADAJKhBfgeEPm7jGd34-jqpKuniqwRTR7+epft3hWchcAGiX5w-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2022-01-13 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Den tors 13 jan. 2022 10:27Bastien DUMONT <bastien.dumont-VwIFZPTo/vqsTnJN9+BGXg@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> I guess that it is can now be achieved using pandoc.write:
>
>   * Create a new Pandoc object containing your Div;
>   * Pass it to pandoc.write;

AFAIK there is no pandoc.write available in Lua filters. Might that change?
I for one could find use for it, e.g. to have content other than just
tags/commands be different between HTML and LaTeX one might produce a
Markdown version with some content converted to each format in two raw
elements and do some manual editing of each.

In Perl JSON filters it used to be pretty easy to shell out to pandoc to do
such things but sadly Pandoc::Elements hasn't been updated for the new
table model. I'm not whining since I could and should have contributed to
do something about it. Still a pandoc extension which would write/read
simple tables in JSON would be welcome, assuming that the code used in the
Lua module to convert between table models could be reused. I really have
problems conceptualizing the new table module, *especially* as represented
in JSON, sadly.

Would it be worth the while to file two issues for this, i.e. is there
realistic hope that either of them will be implemented?

  * Modify the returned string;
>   * Return it as the content of a RawBlock.
>
> By the way, this could also solve the problem discuss here, but I would
> like to test it before closing the issue:
> https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/7262
>
> Le Thursday 13 January 2022 à 05:37:04AM, denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org a écrit :
> > Well, the invalid file will only be temporary.
> > Let's say I a div with content-type="parallel" for parallel texts. In
> some cases the one column or both will have righttoleft text, so I need for
> multiple attributes:
> >
> > content-type="parallel-left-rtl"
> > content-type="parallel-right-rtl"
> > content-type="parallel-both-rtl"
> >
> > But this will cause redundant rules in the xslt for post-processing:
> >
> > I could do this:
> >
> > content-type="parallel right-rtl"
> > content-type="parallel left-rtl"
> > content-type="parallel both-rtl"
> >
> > Also not ideal (because processing such lists is ugly in XSLT). I
> thought about this:
> >

> > content-type="parallel" right-dir="rtl"
> > content-type="parallel" left-dir="rtl"
> > content-type="parallel" left-dir="rtl" right-dir="rtl"
> >
> > I would then pick this up via xslt and construct valid colgroups based
> on the values of right-dir and left-dir. But maybe there's an easier way?
> >
> > Denis

* Re: pandoc.write in Lua and simple tables in JSON (filters) (was: Force use of attributes in jats writer)
@ 2022-01-13 17:32                 ` BPJ
From: BPJ @ 2022-01-13 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss