You have to download it, but you may have better luck by downloading as HTML (which gives you a zip file which you must unpack) than as DOCX since much formatting is lost going from DOCX. -- Better --help|less than helpless Den tis 22 sep. 2020 18:07Joseph Reagle skrev: > > > On 9/22/20 10:51 AM, Martin Post wrote: > > Is it possible (without too many extra steps/tools…) to have Pandoc read > and convert the content of a Google Docs document with a public (viewing) > URL? > > Not that I know of. I think you'd want to download it as a docx and then > convert from there. > > > I.e., if I have a Google doc containing only few lines of Markdown, > could Pandoc read and parse these as such, ignoring the documents styles? I > tried and only get a zsh shell error (“no matches found”). > > Ignoring GDocs styles and simply working on raw text (which happens to be > markdown) is a different question, and probably addressed by something like > this: > > ``` > lynx -dump https://docs.google.com/document/... | pandoc > ``` > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/ad7c70b6-e850-2e91-84da-74dae93a35e2%40reagle.org > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhAUW%3DHWiqVDFh0KGq8xopaiKR2vUb7-CyKHMbvv_JdA%3DA%40mail.gmail.com.