* Standalone markdown output with citations
@ 2014-06-20 16:27 Ruben Hernandez
       [not found] ` <688f82c8-9ed5-4053-99e7-7a630bf004f9-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Ruben Hernandez @ 2014-06-20 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello,

I just joined the group and tried searching before posting my question but
did not find much, so here is my problem.
I'm trying to produce a markdown file with expanded citations from a
markdown source and bibtex bib file.

Here is some info.
I'm running  pandoc (1.12.4.2) and pandoc-citeproc (0.3.1)
installed with `cabal install` under Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) 64-bit, Kernel
Linux 3.4.0-030400-generic.

I'm using the bib file from the nocite example in the documentation and the
command I'm using is:

pandoc -s -f markdown -o nocite-output.md --biblio=biblio.bib
nocite-example.md

The nocite-example.md file is:

---
nocite: |
    @item1, @item2

@item3

# References

The output file nocite-output.md produced is:

---
biblio-files: biblio
bibliography: 'biblio.bib'
nocite: |
    @item1, @item2

@item3

Is this the expected behavior? I would like to have as output something
like:

John Doe (2005)

References
========

Doe, John. 2005. *First Book*. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
———. 2006. “Article.” *Journal of Generic Studies* 6: 33–34.
Doe, John, and Jenny Roe. 2007. “Why Water Is Wet.” In *Third Book*, edited
by Sam Smith. Oxford: Oxford University Press.

Trying to produce pdf or html files as output works as expected.

Thanks,

Ruben.

* Re: Standalone markdown output with citations
       [not found] ` <688f82c8-9ed5-4053-99e7-7a630bf004f9-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-06-20 16:32   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20140620163219.GD6991-bi+AKbBUZKbivNSvqvJHCtPlBySK3R6THiGdP5j34PU@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2014-06-20 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Try

    pandoc -t markdown-citations

the "minus citations" turns off the markdown citations extension,
and you'll get formatted citations instead.

+++ Ruben Hernandez [Jun 20 14 09:27 ]:

@ 2014-06-20 17:19       ` Ruben Hernandez
From: Ruben Hernandez @ 2014-06-20 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks for the quick reply!

After reading the response, I searched for markdown-citations, and found
about
pandoc -t markdown-citations-markdown_in_html_blocks
and that worked just as I needed.

Thanks for a great tool! I've been using pandoc to produce beamer slides
and latex+pdf files from md inputs.

Best,

@ 2014-06-20 18:19       ` BPJ
From: BPJ @ 2014-06-20 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)