* Thematic breaks
@ 2020-09-17 17:34 Denis Maier
       [not found] ` <56856f6c-aadb-a3e5-4d6d-fcd2823c55be-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-09-17 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi,

I think currently there is no way to indicate thought breaks between
paragraphs other than horizontal rules. (Am I missing something?)

The (PDF) output should be like this:

A document uses first line indents for paragraphs. Thematic breaks that
do not warrant a new section are indicated by a blank link with the next
paragraph not being indented.

Any opinions about this? Ideas, hints?

Best,
Denis

* Re: Thematic breaks
       [not found] ` <56856f6c-aadb-a3e5-4d6d-fcd2823c55be-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-09-17 17:52   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhAgY9oAg-MuQKT9vzS6vOf+QHqoZy9MY4sjw_VgyU3_Qg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2020-09-17 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Den tors 17 sep. 2020 19:35Denis Maier <denis.maier.lists-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
skrev:

> Hi,
>
> I think currently there is no way to indicate thought breaks between
> paragraphs other than horizontal rules. (Am I missing something?)
>
> The (PDF) output should be like this:
>
> A document uses first line indents for paragraphs. Thematic breaks that
> do not warrant a new section are indicated by a blank link with the next
> paragraph not being indented.
>
> Any opinions about this? Ideas, hints?

For which output format?

For HTML you could wrap paragraphs which should not be indented in a div
with a class, style paragraphs so that they are indented (how?), then in a
latter rule style paragraphs inside such a div without indent. For DOCX you
can also use a div with a custom-style which you define so that there is no
indent while you define the normal paragraph style so that it is indented.

For TeX-ish formats you can just type `\noindent ` at the start of the
paragraph. Pandoc will ignore it when writing non-TeX formats.

HTH,

/bpj

> Best,
> Denis