* Markdown Backtick-code block within list interpreted to math
@ 2017-06-12  9:27 Hendrik Bäcker
       [not found] ` <3c26f20b-250b-4ac6-83d3-3d7a5c5d3ef0-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Hendrik Bäcker @ 2017-06-12  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi Group,

I'm just at the beginning to play araound with pandoc and have nearly no
background with latex.

Currently I'm facing problems to transform following markdown text to a pdf.
As long as I don't try to quote the backtick-code-block within a list the
transformation will suceed without error - anything else results into a "!
LaTeX Error: Bad math environment delimiter."

Do I miss any needed extensions or s.th. similar? Any hint to the right
direction would be nice.

# Contents of 'foo.md'
1. Bla bla bla
1. foobar
```
!/bin/bash

   ls -1 *.ext | while read f
   do
       echo $f; n=${f%%.*}; n=${n,,}
       l=${n##*_}
       d=${n%%-mx*}
       d=${d/-/.}
       ~/a.py -r ext -I file-$l-$d -s location=$l -i $f
   done
```

# Command to transform
pandoc --latex-engine=xelatex -f markdown -o foo.pdf foo.md

# Pandoc Version
pandoc -v
pandoc 1.19.2.1
Compiled with pandoc-types 1.17.0.4, texmath 0.9, skylighting 0.1.1.4
Default user data directory: /home/bkr/.pandoc
Copyright (C) 2006-2016 John MacFarlane
Web:  http://pandoc.org
There is no warranty, not even for merchantability or fitness
for a particular purpose.

# Displayed Error Message
pandoc -f markdown -o foo.pdf foo.md
! LaTeX Error: Bad math environment delimiter.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.71 \textasciitilde{}/a.py -r ext -I file-\(

pandoc: Error producing PDF

Regards,
Hendrik

* Re: Markdown Backtick-code block within list interpreted to math
       [not found] ` <3c26f20b-250b-4ac6-83d3-3d7a5c5d3ef0-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-06-12 10:48   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20170612104847.GA914-BKjuZOBx5Kn2N3qrpRCZGbhGAdq7xJNKhPhL2mjWHbk@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-06-12 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

See the manual under the "four space rule."  Any new block
content (such as a code block) that is intended to go under
a list item must be indented four spaces.  You only have
three.

+++ Hendrik Bäcker [Jun 12 17 02:27 ]:

@ 2017-06-12 10:57       ` Hendrik Bäcker
       [not found]         ` <7a7d8667-8de5-4450-9ef8-22ac640eeeeb-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Hendrik Bäcker @ 2017-06-12 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

John,

even if I feel 15yrs back to the first python indent errors - it works!
Thank you very much.

-hendrik

@ 2017-06-13 11:12           ` Melroch
From: Melroch @ 2017-06-13 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)