I added an option for joining the subtitle to the title (with a configurable separator) to my bibtex cleanup script (a wrapper around BibTeX::Parser). Note that it replaces macros with Unicode characters by default. Use the -D option to stop that! /bpj Den fre 1 juli 2022 16:39John Carter Wood skrev: > I have one final (for now...) issue in setting up a CSL file (which I use > with pandoc/citeproc and references in a json file). > > I'm not sure whether this is a CSL issue or whether it's an issue that can > be solved via using a filter (or some other solution) in pandoc, but I > thought there might be some people here who might have faced a similar > issue. > > The house style for here (German-based publisher) wants a *full-stop/period > *between main title and subtitle in citations / bibliographies; US/UK > standard is a *colon* between main title and subtitle. And reference > managers like Zotero -- IIUC -- save titles as single fields (at least they > are in my version of Zotero). So it doesn't seem like it is possible to > control what delimiter is used between them via CSL. > > I have found various discussions of relevant title/subtitle division > issues -- some going back quite a few years -- in forums on Zotero: > > > https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/8077/separate-fields-for-title-and-subtitle/ > > ...and CSL: > > > https://discourse.citationstyles.org/t/handling-main-sub-title-splits-citeproc-js/1563/11 > > However, these were in part discussions among developers about *possible* > changes, and I'm not sure of the current status of this issue or whether > there is a way to handle it. > > Would it be possible to automate turning colons in titles into full-stops > via using a filter? If so is there such a filter already around? Can this > be done via CSL? > > Or is this, as of now, impossible? > > (Or is there a real simple solution that I have, as usual, overlooked...) > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/78df697a-50f5-46d0-b0b8-29a2cbc9509an%40googlegroups.com > > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhBNaKPSMf4MQcoNVHvzgLV8xoFxn71giUhFKWpq5roPSQ%40mail.gmail.com.