To a normal user (I.e. you aren't a Pandoc contributor or filter author) the AST is an implementation detail which you don't interact with. The normal user experience is pandoc -f markdown -t html`, i.e. you input a document in one markup format and get (a file) in anotheir markup format (possibly zipped together with sundry other files) as output, without any intermediate file or files. There is no point in creating a false impression that there always must be an intermediate file. In fact that may scare off potential normal users. To them the thing which sets pandoc apart from other light markup processors is that it supports conversion back and forth between multiple markup formats, and the logo should emphasize that. The logo needs to be intelligible and meaningful to the less geeky users which hopefully are in majority. /bpj Den 14 dec 2016 01:15 skrev "Kolen Cheung" : > A point might worth mentioning is that if we wanted to put arrows in the > logo, pointing arrows from document to document does not reflect the > pandoc's design. One of my sketch above has an attempt to use arrows while > reflecting the design of pandoc: the arrows all point to the center, > representing the AST. That concept might not be very good, but I think we > better not to use arrows if those arrows mislead people about pandoc's > design (and philosophy). > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/ > msgid/pandoc-discuss/8f87b3f6-41d0-47d7-a6fe-117892a30c46% > 40googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhBwBDB%3DKMEeJTPq_3wtV18wmEBwUVoy3%2BPZecMA_VyBAg%40mail.gmail.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.