At least that can be assigned to a variable in a more portable fashion than a hardcoded path, but this reminds me that Pandoc.pm, the Perl wrapper module, resorts to this kind of parsing --version output with regex to determine the default data dir path, so a more straightforward way of getting the path may be good for the use of wrappers. Den ons 4 maj 2022 19:28John MacFarlane skrev: > > You can already do > > $(pandoc -v | grep "User data directory" | sed -e 's/.*: //') > > > BPJ writes: > > > It occurred to me that it would be nice if `--data-dir` as only option > and > > without any argument would print the default data dir path so that one > > could use `$(pandoc --data-dir)` to get there. I just wanted to probe the > > waters whether others think this is utterly silly or not before opening > an > > issue. (I'm aware that you could define a variable in your shell rc file, > > but doing so on every machine/device[^1] is a hassle.) > > > > [^1]: Yes I can run pandoc under Termux on Android. I haven't been able > to > > get LaTeX to work yet, but it's good for work in progress. > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhAkX1%2BYaS6ErJv6QAd9zKvRF66cG5qr%3DsxjjXTCZB-mvA%40mail.gmail.com > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhC2kXX5RxYqj9GQTt4emyd0OFSwgS0UW7ecReffAtUhSA%40mail.gmail.com.