* Mixed zero and non-zero table column widths
@ 2019-08-06  9:32 BPJ
       [not found] ` <CADAJKhC5C0Jneasd5rBrB28Xn2cOviw+qNOfxQo3GT68M1sxuw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2019-08-06  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I'm trying to build tables programmatically in a filter.

It seems as if all column widths are specified as 0.0 Pandoc will calculate
optimal column widths based on the length of cell contents and the
available space. Is this correct?

It also seems that if a column width is an explicit non-zero float Pandoc
will set the width of that column as specified so that the width of the
column is the available space multiplied by the specified float, such that
if the float is e.g. 0.4 the width of the column is 40% of the available
width and if the sum of the specified widths is greater than 1 the table
will be wider than the available width. Is this correct?

Is the above behavior, assuming I have understood it correctly, implemented
in Pandoc or in LaTeX?

What happens, specifically to the columns for which a zero value is
specified, if some of the specified column widths are zero and some are
non-zero? I guess that the available space if any remains after subtracting
the non-zero widths is distributed among the zero-width columns, or do they
become truly zero-width?