* Unable to center text in Markdown
@ 2022-10-11 14:39 Richard Hu
       [not found] ` <5466ba6b-31e3-4288-a86b-32463bdefe32n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Richard Hu @ 2022-10-11 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello!

I'm trying to center some text in my markdown document. I've tried:
```
<center> Sample Text </p>
```
And used `pandoc test.md -o test.pdf` to compile my document. However, the
text shows up as left-aligned and not centered.

How may I resolve this issue?

Thank you.

* Re: Unable to center text in Markdown
       [not found] ` <5466ba6b-31e3-4288-a86b-32463bdefe32n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-10-11 14:44   ` Craig Parker
From: Craig Parker @ 2022-10-11 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I wonder if you've got to make a class.

MD:
:::pc
Sample text
:::

CSS:
.pc p {text-align:center;}

Or some such.

@ 2022-10-11 18:27   ` gnpan
       [not found]     ` <2d6fdf96-2731-4970-a9eb-0f0d89e92c37n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: gnpan @ 2022-10-11 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Since you are converting to pdf, you could try some LaTeX, e.g.:
\begin{center}{Your text here}\end{center}

@ 2022-10-11 20:14       ` Richard Hu
       [not found]         ` <CAPKRM+Uv6Sg_x6sYRvp0R9xhu77=Yn3wk+em5hun5xZ4WoWvOQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Richard Hu @ 2022-10-11 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi gnpan,

Thanks! Your solution works, but I cannot put text formatted with Markdown
between the \begin{center} ... \end{center} LaTeX tags.
It seems like Pandoc understands the HTML (e.g. <h1> ... </h1>), but just
refuses to acknowledge any alignment options specified.

@ 2022-10-12 10:23           ` BPJ
From: BPJ @ 2022-10-12 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss