I for one always use the four columns indentation/three spaces between the marker and the list item text. I find that it makes list easier to see when eyeballing a document even if there aren't any continuation paragraphs. When there are continuation paragraphs applying the four space rule makes things less confusing. -- Better --help|less than helpless Den fre 19 mars 2021 17:55John MacFarlane skrev: > Joseph Reagle writes: > > > I agree. I always manually remove the three spaces. I'm not sure of the > motivation either, but the fancy list extension does say the following: > "They must be separated from the text that follows by at least one space, > and, if the list marker is a capital letter with a period, by at least two > spaces." I don't know if that is related... > > The motivation is to make sure embedded lists and block-level > elements line up properly, obeying the "four-space rule." Note > that pandoc's markdown reader no longer obeys the four-space > rule, and one could imagine revising the writer to be sensitive > to the `four_space_rule` extension flag. Nonetheless, obeying it > creates the most portable markdown output. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/m2wnu3ozif.fsf%40MacBook-Pro.hsd1.ca.comcast.net > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhC7z5Ud96JMnnk2%3DV4z-2rzsYbToNZjCcdng1QZzCVO9w%40mail.gmail.com.