* Raw blocks and markdown content
@ 2021-11-30 10:12 denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found] ` <b60796009ed346c58e4dee856121dd56-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-11-30 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

for HTML we already have an option to interpret material between tags as markdown. Could something like this be enabled for other formats as well? I'm particularly thinking of JATS here, but there might be other formats where that could be handy.

Best,
Denis

* Re: Raw blocks and markdown content
       [not found] ` <b60796009ed346c58e4dee856121dd56-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-11-30 17:11   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m28rx5efgt.fsf-jF64zX8BO0+FqBokazbCQ6OPv3vYUT2dxr7GGTnW70NeoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-11-30 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

> for HTML we already have an option to interpret material between tags as markdown.

I'm not sure what you mean by this?
Can you give an example?

* AW: Raw blocks and markdown content
       [not found]     ` <m28rx5efgt.fsf-jF64zX8BO0+FqBokazbCQ6OPv3vYUT2dxr7GGTnW70NeoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-11-30 19:42       ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]         ` <aa3cfa5bfa4341f3a2cb7166d9f8022d-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-11-30 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I mean the behaviour described here: https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#extension-markdown_in_html_blocks

* Re: AW: Raw blocks and markdown content
       [not found]         ` <aa3cfa5bfa4341f3a2cb7166d9f8022d-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-11-30 20:48           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <yh480kr1ax74kl.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-11-30 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Note that this extension applies only to markdown input.
It affects HTML chunks embedded as part of a markdown
document.  It won't work with `-f html`.

But perhaps your input document is markdown, and your target is
JATS, and you want a way to include markdown within JATS tags?

In this case you could use commonmark, which has a fairly
generic way of triggering this behavior (basically, you
leave whitespace around the tags if you want the contents
to be interpreted as commonmark).

<denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org> writes:

> I mean the behaviour described here: https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#extension-markdown_in_html_blocks

* AW: AW: Raw blocks and markdown content
       [not found]             ` <yh480kr1ax74kl.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-11-30 22:54               ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]                 ` <a93b409adb504f45a9572ef49f8b02d7-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-11-30 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
> Note that this extension applies only to markdown input.
> It affects HTML chunks embedded as part of a markdown document.  It
> won't work with `-f html`.
>
> But perhaps your input document is markdown, and your target is JATS, and
> you want a way to include markdown within JATS tags?

Yes, this is what I've meant. My source is markdown, but I want to include tables as raw jats. (The tables are used to present parallel texts, greek and translation, and that's much easier using tags than with any of the current tables.)

> In this case you could use commonmark, which has a fairly generic way of
> triggering this behavior (basically, you leave whitespace around the tags if
> you want the contents to be interpreted as commonmark).

That sounds like a good alternative.
But are there any drawbacks? I mean compared to using pandoc's markdown?

Best,
Denis

@ 2021-12-01  8:24                   ` BPJ
       [not found]                     ` <CADAJKhBFdmASA8ddZ43P-AK7Zjg9k4OR=B0WxwoDd_BQm9-tVw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2021-12-01  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss; +Cc: John MacFarlane

Den tis 30 nov. 2021 23:55 <denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> [...]

You could use my table-as-list(-of-lists) filter which I have been using
exactly for this, as well as for interlinear glosses.

https://github.com/bpj/pandoc-list-table

@ 2021-12-01  8:35                       ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]                         ` <79b835afeacd4bc5af064514c4bf3090-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-12-01  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw; +Cc: jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A

Benct, Thanks for pointing me towards your filter. That seems to be exactly what I need.

Denis

@ 2021-12-01  9:01                           ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]                             ` <ab701e3eeed949e5b5db3e473e419b39-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-12-01  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw; +Cc: jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A

Oh, just that it does not seem to work ATM.

The example from the readme:

```
:::lol2table
*   -   foo
    -   bar
    -   baz
*   -   +   tic
        +   pic
    -   +   tac
        +   pac
:::
```

gives me:

```
::: lol2table
-   -   foo
    -   bar
    -   baz

-   -   -   tic
        -   pic

    -   -   tac
        -   pac
:::
```

Is there something I’m missing?

Denis

@ 2021-12-01 13:17                               ` BPJ
       [not found]                                 ` <CADAJKhCogu-AC41KLb8fOWBHuCqFFNt2k5fYkC471eBqO2LjMA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2021-12-01 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss; +Cc: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0

What does your command line look like?

I'll investigate as soon as I get home.

Maybe something has changed in Pandoc since I last used it?

@ 2021-12-01 13:21                                   ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]                                     ` <c6ab73ddcf634d07a9c88786c00cb263-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-12-01 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bpj-J3H7GcXPSITLoDKTGw+V6w, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks for looking into this. The command line is:

pandoc input.md -o output.md -L pandoc-list-table.lua

Anything wrong with that?

Denis

@ 2021-12-01 13:38                                       ` BPJ
       [not found]                                         ` <CADAJKhCAb-pH1ibe35AtkZkX844Ubz43CqCKf0jKBqB5sENL1g-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2021-12-01 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0; +Cc: bpj, pandoc-discuss

Not that I can see. Are you using the latest version of pandoc?

Is there any error output?

@ 2021-12-01 13:42                                           ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-12-01 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bpj-J3H7GcXPSITLoDKTGw+V6w; +Cc: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw