* New underline element
@ 2020-07-09 16:03 Denis Maier
       [not found] ` <3823b0a5-3d0b-7c66-b30c-8dbc2bac85a3-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-07-09 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi,

the changelog for the new version mentions a new underline element. How
can that be used?
I need to convert docx via markdown to jats xml. The docx files
sometimes use underline *and* italics, so it would be great if both
could be converted.

Best,
Denis

* Re: New underline element
       [not found] ` <3823b0a5-3d0b-7c66-b30c-8dbc2bac85a3-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-07-09 18:18   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]     ` <871rlkmu1f.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2020-07-09 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Denis Maier writes:

> the changelog for the new version mentions a new underline element. How can that
> be used?
> I need to convert docx via markdown to jats xml. The docx files sometimes use
> underline *and* italics, so it would be great if both could be converted.

If you use pandoc 2.10, then everything should just work. Markdown has
no syntax for underlines, so underlined text is marked as a span with
class `.ul` or `.underline`. JATS output uses the `<underline>` element.

--
Albert Krewinkel

* Re: New underline element
       [not found]     ` <871rlkmu1f.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-07-09 22:12       ` Denis Maier
       [not found]         ` <16b40fdc-0849-118d-1f4f-5fcb82e6cb02-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-07-09 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Am 09.07.2020 um 20:18 schrieb Albert Krewinkel:
> Denis Maier writes:
>
>> the changelog for the new version mentions a new underline element. How can that
>> be used?
>> I need to convert docx via markdown to jats xml. The docx files sometimes use
>> underline *and* italics, so it would be great if both could be converted.
> If you use pandoc 2.10, then everything should just work. Markdown has
> no syntax for underlines, so underlined text is marked as a span with
> class `.ul` or `.underline`. JATS output uses the `<underline>` element
Thank you. That sounds great. I've just updated to 2.10. Will test
tomorrow...

* Re: New underline element
       [not found]         ` <16b40fdc-0849-118d-1f4f-5fcb82e6cb02-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-10-04 18:30           ` EBkysko
       [not found]             ` <80c4e602-24d7-435d-9bea-9825aebb35b8n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: EBkysko @ 2020-10-04 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

A bit late, just to add that I did notice the new undocumented constructor
`pandoc.Underline` for the Lua filters.

* Re: New underline element
       [not found]             ` <80c4e602-24d7-435d-9bea-9825aebb35b8n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-10-04 19:54               ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]                 ` <878sclpy1d.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2020-10-04 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

EBkysko writes:

> A bit late, just to add that I did notice the new undocumented constructor
> `pandoc.Underline` for the Lua filters.

Thanks for pointing that out! I'm adding the relevant documentation.

--
Albert Krewinkel

* Re: New underline element
       [not found]                 ` <878sclpy1d.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>