From: BPJ <melroch-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: more fun with pandoc lua
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 12:50:05 +0100	[thread overview]

I wonder if my filters/custom writers for converting plain output into
"email" — something in between fully plain and fully markdown, configurable
in various ways (through metadata) — and to Perl POD could profit from
being rewritten as standalone scripts to be used with pandoc-lua. Both
basically replace some elements in the AST with "plain" raw inline or block
elements containing markup for the actual target format around the content
of the original element. As Lua scripts they could take configuaration on
the command line, using a pure Lua command line argument processor like
Penlight's lapp rather than having to programmatically convert Pandoc
metadata into a plain data structure with string/number leaves.