* Where I should create the defaults folder?
@ 2020-04-24  5:12 Enrico Scarpella
       [not found] ` <1881136f-8465-4348-8629-7c9e54147fd8-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Enrico Scarpella @ 2020-04-24  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi all,

I am struggling to figure out where I should create the default folder in
which to save my defaults files. I know the default folder should be
created in pandoc's user data directory, and when I run

pandoc --version

I learn that pandoc's user data directory should be
/Users/enricoscarpella/.local/share/pandoc or
/Users/enricoscarpella/.pandoc, but neither of those folders seem to exist
on my computer. I wonder whether that is because I installed pandoc 2.9.2.1
with homebrew? I found a pandoc folder in usr/local/Cellar, so I tried to
create a defaults folder with my default files in that
usr/local/Cellar/pandoc folder and in any of its subfolders, but every time
I run

pandoc -d docxtufte test.md -o test.docx

I get

pandoc: docxtufte.yaml: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or
directory)

Could someone please be so kind to help me out or at least point me in the
right direction? Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,
Enrico

* Re: Where I should create the defaults folder?
       [not found] ` <1881136f-8465-4348-8629-7c9e54147fd8-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-24  6:53   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhCYymtxoD86Fn8h0OZMECVm-ZQUi4oyeVAF=f649LfCMg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2020-04-24  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

You should create all those folders yourself, except that of course you
should create the user data folder in just one of the two alternative
locations. I don't know what happens if you create both. Probably Pandoc
just ignores one of them.

--
Better --help|less than helpless

@ 2020-04-24 22:22       ` Enrico Scarpella