A trick I have been using is to include custom bits as code/raw spans/blocks with classes/'formats' and parse and convert them to an AST fragment in a filter, which is way easier than writing a custom parser for whole files (and used to be the only viable option.) TBH I have mostly done so in JSON filters written in Perl, but now that lpeg and re are available in Lua filters they are a serious contender too. A tip: if custom bits in syntax X are much more common than actual code elements it makes sense to leave the former unmarked and give the latter a pseudo-class `.code` if you don't want them highlighted. /bpj Den tis 21 dec. 2021 09:52 skrev: > That's maybe true. So what's your take on that? Do you think including a > Haskell interpreter would be a good idea? > > > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- > > Von: John MacFarlane > > Gesendet: Samstag, 18. Dezember 2021 20:46 > > An: Maier, Denis Christian (UB) ; pandoc- > > discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org > > Betreff: Re: AW: custom writer with haskell > > > > > > writes: > > > > > Does that have to be included? Can't one rely on Haskell being > available? I > > mean, just like with Haskell filters.... > > > > By the time you've got your environment set up with ghc and all the > libraries > > installed properly, which you'd need to run interpreted writers, you > might as > > well just recompile pandoc with the revised module. I don't see a big > > advantage. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/c8f145c9d80f470f9adea4e3df82aab4%40unibe.ch > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhCa0EuqdOvnnrhC18N5RemA5KVdFmqQRajw8ZsMdfQeAA%40mail.gmail.com.