At one point I experimented with a LibreOffice (or was it as long ago as OpenOffice?) macro which pulled out metadata and put it as lines of KEY: VALUE pairs at the top of the text. Not really successful but you might have better luck with python-docx. Den mån 26 apr. 2021 08:02John MacFarlane skrev: > > There are already some issues on the tracker that seem > relevant, e.g. #3109, #3034 > > Doeke Zanstra writes: > > > I'm converting docx to markdown, and I need a YAML front matter heading > > just before the markdown. I recently learnt to do this with the > > --stand-alone argument. > > > > However, it is opaque how this exactly works. I only get front matter > when > > the first paragraph is styled with the "Title" style (actually the Dutch > > localized "Titel" style). > > > > Are there other options available to get more meta-data out of the Word > > document? Via Word on macOS via the menu Archive > Properties > Summary, > > there are all kinds of meta data which could be useful as front matter: > > > > - Titel > > - Subject > > - Author > > - Manager > > - Company > > - Category > > - Keywords > > - Remarks > > - Hyperlink base > > > > Can this be used? Or are there other ways to get meta-data out of Word? > > Or would this need a feature request in pandoc? > > > > Thanks in advance, > > Doeke Zanstra > > > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/100da112-ed0d-4618-b949-721a3079538bn%40googlegroups.com > . > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/m235vdr3d6.fsf%40MacBook-Pro.hsd1.ca.comcast.net > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhCdeN25Gbebh%3DnW-viyn2NozKwNjZqHyJxq7j5qj4WrUg%40mail.gmail.com.