* removing highlights and escape values
@ 2023-05-07 22:08 Mark Pinsley
       [not found] ` <ef709575-3717-493f-b6d8-62862c98d3d8n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Mark Pinsley @ 2023-05-07 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have a bunch of docx that I want to convert to MD.

The file contains highlighting and it also contains both quotes and double
quotes

For ease of someone being able to look at this MD, i want to remove the
escape sequece for the quotes and double quotes.

I also want to remove the highlighting

ChatGPT wrote this LUA for me but it doesn't seem to work. Are there
alternatives

function process_inlines(inlines)
    local result = {}
    for _, inline in ipairs(inlines) do
        if inline.t == "Str" then
            inline.text = inline.text:gsub('\\"', '"'):gsub("\\'", "'")
        elseif inline.content then
            inline.content = process_inlines(inline.content)
        end
        table.insert(result, inline)
    end
    return result
end

function process_blocks(blocks)
    local result = {}
    for _, block in ipairs(blocks) do
        if block.content then
            block.content = process_inlines(block.content)
        end
        table.insert(result, block)
    end
    return result
end

function Pandoc(doc)
    doc.blocks = process_blocks(doc.blocks)
    return doc
end

the command I used was:
 pandoc "TestHighlightQuotes.docx" --lua-filter remove_escaped_quotes.lua
--wrap=none --reference-links -o output.md

Is there another way, or did I do something wrong?

[-- Attachment #2: TestHighlightQoutes.docx --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, Size: 13055 bytes --]

* Re: removing highlights and escape values
       [not found] ` <ef709575-3717-493f-b6d8-62862c98d3d8n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-08 15:59   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhA_g=6gfAJONkb3AwdQ9Xqn8PvwUg-fAVEjsKE56++gFg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2023-05-08 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Don't use ChatGPT to "write code"! You will get garbage which may harm your
computer and/or files if you run it!

This filter will do what you want:

``````lua
local str = pandoc.Str
local function quote (q)
  return pandoc.RawInline('markdown', q)
end
local quote_pat = re.compile(
  [[ {| ( [^"']+ -> str / ["'] -> quote )* |} ]],
  { str = str, quote = quote }
)
function Str (elem)
  return quote_pat:match(elem.text)
end
function Span (elem)
  if 1 == #elem.classes and 'mark' == elem.classes[1] then
    return elem.content
  end
  return nil
end
``````

/bpj

@ 2023-05-08 17:28       ` Mark Pinsley
       [not found]         ` <CAOtJyj5-+o3=w-dT1wYbusgTsRv=0JA5J3LE96mN53sAE9eQkg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Mark Pinsley @ 2023-05-08 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thank you!

Yeah ChatGPT isn't really very good at writing code unless you already know
what you are doing. Then you can modify it. For me, I was trying to find a
way to write this. Thank you!

@ 2023-05-09 10:58           ` Stephan Meijer
       [not found]             ` <bc3186fd-822a-40da-99d2-9454caeabb3en-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Stephan Meijer @ 2023-05-09 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

*> Don't use ChatGPT to "write code"! You will get garbage which may harm
your computer and/or files if you run it!*

I am sure It won't damage your computer. It will probably be not perfect,
but with some common sense you will be safe.

@ 2023-05-09 17:44               ` BPJ
From: BPJ @ 2023-05-09 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss