I'm writing a filter which walks a table read from CSV, which are all read in as literal strings by Pandoc, and parses them with pandoc.read. In order to know which format to read the filter inspects a metadata field expecting the value to be the one to pass as second argument to pandoc.read. However there is easy way to validate that value before calling pandoc.read. To be sure I could create a table mapping every name returned by --list-input-formats to `true`, but it would seem that rather than every filter which needs this information (and conversely output formats for pandoc.write) maintaining its own lookup it would be better if the Lua API provided it, either as a pair of functions returning true if their argument is a valid format, or as (objects which act as) tables (sets) with valid formats mapped to true, which is something I assume Pandoc already has provision for internally. Does this seem like a good idea, or is my use case with the filter taking this info from the user too unusual to warrant this? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhCzFH-VpPV%3DsnQkrhi8g_aCXYu4RDp0ghw3Pd8VmCXjzA%40mail.gmail.com.