* Oooh, nice! : Start line with a number, but don't make numbered list
@ 2018-12-18  4:36 John Gabriele
       [not found] ` <1545107773.4060765.1612115632.4FD7E43C-2RFepEojUI2N1INw9kWLP6GC3tUn3ZHUQQ4Iyu8u01E@public.gmane.org>
From: John Gabriele @ 2018-12-18  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Just discovered this: I wanted to start some lines with numbers, just like a numbered list, but didn't want them indented / rendered as a list. That is, I wanted to "manually make paragraphs look like non-indented numbered list items". I discovered that this works:

~~~
1.\ This is a regular line.

1.a.\ This is too.

$$a=bc$$

2.\ As is this.
~~~

(where the backslash then space gets you an unbreakable space).

Not sure this is explicitly intended, but it's very handy, and I think pretty excellent. :)

* Re: Oooh, nice! : Start line with a number, but don't make numbered list
       [not found] ` <1545107773.4060765.1612115632.4FD7E43C-2RFepEojUI2N1INw9kWLP6GC3tUn3ZHUQQ4Iyu8u01E@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-12-18  5:39   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m24lbbqtpe.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-12-18  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)