* Set language attribute directly on
@ 2020-09-19 11:13 Denis Maier
       [not found] ` <efcd2673-1f02-fd29-c2e1-19b90f7d0ba2-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-09-19 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi

Is it possible to set the language attribute directly on a paragraph or
quotation?

The documentation gives this example:

::: {lang=fr-CA}
 > Cette citation est écrite en français canadien.
:::

But, in JATS, this ends up as

<boxed-text xml:lang="fr-CA">
     <disp-quote>
     </disp-quote>
   </boxed-text>

Is there a simple way to set attibute directly on a paragraph or a
quotation? To get this:

     <disp-quote>
canadien.</p>
     </disp-quote>

Best,
Denis

* Re: Set language attribute directly on
       [not found] ` <efcd2673-1f02-fd29-c2e1-19b90f7d0ba2-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-09-19 17:41   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-09-19 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Maier, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Currently attributes can only go on an enclosing Div, not
directly on a Para.  That might change in the future but it
would require changes to a lot of code.

@ 2020-09-19 19:05   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhDsuZQVxqNP3bQAFqPHvgysG40WkgAPUtebadM27zvduA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2020-09-19 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Den lör 19 sep. 2020 13:14Denis Maier <denis.maier.lists-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> Hi
>
> Is it possible to set the language attribute directly on a paragraph or
> quotation?
>
> The documentation gives this example:
>
> ::: {lang=fr-CA}
> > Cette citation est écrite en français canadien.
> :::
>
> But, in JATS, this ends up as
>
> <boxed-text xml:lang="fr-CA">
>     <disp-quote>
>     </disp-quote>
>   </boxed-text>
>
> Is there a simple way to set attibute directly on a paragraph or a
> quotation? To get this:
>
>     <disp-quote>
> canadien.</p>
>     </disp-quote>

Judging from this and your other recent posts you might benefit from
postprocessing your JATS with an XML processing library in Perl/Python.
Maybe XSLT. That would be like a Pandoc filter but you filter the XML
output by pandoc rather than the Pandoc AST before the XML is generated.

Just a thought.

/bpj

@ 2020-09-20  9:04       ` Denis Maier
       [not found]         ` <63355b45-399b-023c-cc49-ca91a0347ab9-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-09-20  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw, BPJ

Yes, that's probably right.

I'm currently in the process of figuring out the workflow. I was hoping
I could away with not having too many tools involved. But maybe using an
XML processing library with Python or some XSLT could be an easier
solution than using pandoc filters for this. We'll see...

@ 2020-09-23  7:45           ` BPJ
From: BPJ @ 2020-09-23  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Maier; +Cc: pandoc-discuss