From: BPJ <melroch-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Apostrophe rendering in pdf
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 09:59:14 +0200	[thread overview]

A backslash before the apostrophe `\'` should give you a straight ' and
`&rsquo;` should give you a Unicode apostrophe/right single quotation mark.
If you are using LaTeX to produce PDF `\'` should in effect give you a
Unicode apostrophe, at least if you don't use `--to latex+smart` (I think;
I'm not near a machine with LaTeX installed right now.)