A backslash before the apostrophe `\'` should give you a straight ' and `’` should give you a Unicode apostrophe/right single quotation mark. If you are using LaTeX to produce PDF `\'` should in effect give you a Unicode apostrophe, at least if you don't use `--to latex+smart` (I think; I'm not near a machine with LaTeX installed right now.) Den ons 27 juli 2022 22:50Claudio Di Vita skrev: > When I convert my markdown document to pdf, I notice that when a string is > within two apostrophes (the ' character), the apostrophe is rendered like a > left single quote. > > Is there any way to change this behaviour ? > > Thanks a lot, cheers > > Claudio > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAMBF16v%2B260F8GOnVNNHDWmwwhifzt3kfRgL87ThSzkdgYdpAQ%40mail.gmail.com > > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhDFiKANSFK20C0qMfFJ2-v6D6AXzAYM%3DY5y8u_sFd8BAw%40mail.gmail.com.