* Adding minimal CSS to pandoc's default HTML template
@ 2020-08-22 11:23 mb21
       [not found] ` <41422a08-cc8d-4480-8bfc-03d907cb2794n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: mb21 @ 2020-08-22 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

We're looking for feedback on a pull request I made: it adds some minimal
CSS to pandoc's default HTML template.

Two things that inspired this:

- questions like this one on StackOverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63293929/pandoc-change-font-family-to-sans-while-converting-from-markdown-to-html
- I've recently updated and streamlined the CSS I use to generate simple
HTML files (or publish to my blog), and was surprised how minimal it can
be, while still looking pretty good (IMHO). The idea is to rely on browser
defaults as much as possible (which are fairly consistent nowadays), so you
don't have to override/normalize a lot.

The new CSS is added by default when using the `--standalone` option,
unless you also use the `--css` option or convert to slideshows. Inclusion
can be disabled e.g. with `pandoc -M document-css=false`. Or customized
(like all templates and template partials) by adding your own file to
~/.pandoc/templates/styles.html.

There are a few variables like `mainfont`, `fontsize` etc. that you can
set, similar to what we already have in the LaTeX template. Have a look at
the proposed changes to the MANUAL (and to styles.html):

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/6601/files