The OP might also want to look at the type reference for Lua filters which if I am not mistaken corresponds closely to the Haskell types. (I don't know Haskell but at least the names/tags correspond closely.) https://pandoc.org/lua-filters.html#lua-type-reference Den fre 17 sep. 2021 21:26'Daniel Gnoutcheff' via pandoc-discuss < pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org> skrev: > On 9/17/21 12:18 AM, Harsh Donga wrote: > > Sorry to bother you, > > > > I could read in the documentation that Attr stores (identifier, classes, > > key-value pairs) > > What do these actually mean? can you share an example? > > The AST corresponds closely to Pandoc's Markdown dialect, so a good way > to learn about an AST type is to study the User's Manual sections that > document the corresponding Markdown features. You may have noticed that > the Attr type is used by the Header, CodeBlock, Div, Code, Link, Image, > and Span data constructors. In Pandoc's Markdown, headings, code > blocks, div blocks, code inlines, links, images, and spans all can have > "attributes". The relevant manual sections discuss their syntax and how > they are used (or ignored) by writers: > > - > - > - > - > - > - > > I would just add that Pandoc's HTML writer converts Attr values into > HTML tag attributes, including those classes and key-value pairs that > Pandoc does not itself recognize. Attributes and classes that mean > nothing to Pandoc can become meaningful if, for example, you provide a > custom template with CSS or JavaScript that does something with them. > > HTH! > > Later, > Daniel G. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b467908f-a4ce-35b9-ba30-ef55e9e70958%40softwarefreedom.org > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhDN5x1AqBuEehnRVO4ju_fjdwmu6vVuimSXohbnFqmQgA%40mail.gmail.com.